the new "4+1" pathway assessment option
Under the new “4+1” pathway assessment option students must take and pass four required Regents Exams or Department-approved alternative assessments (one in each of the following subjects: English, math, science, and social studies) and a comparably rigorous assessment for the fifth required exam to graduate. The fifth assessment required for graduation may include any one of the following assessments:
• Either an additional Regents assessment, or a Department approved alternative, in a different course in Social Studies or in English (Humanities Pathway); or
• One additional Regents Examination in a different course in mathematics or science or a Department-approved alternative (STEM Pathway); or
• A pathway assessment approved by the Commissioner in accordance with §100.2(f)(2) of the Commissioner’s regulations (which could include a Biliteracy [LOTE] Pathway); or
• A CTE pathway assessment, approved by the Commissioner in accordance with §100.2(mm), following successful completion of a CTE program approved pursuant to §100.5(d)(6) of the regulations (CTE Pathway); or
• An arts pathway assessment approved by the Commissioner in accordance with §100.2(mm) (Arts Pathway).
The 4+1 pathway option is effective beginning with students who first entered grade 9 in September 2011 and thereafter, or who are otherwise eligible to receive a high school diploma in June 2015 and thereafter.
End of Term 2 (April 24th, 2015)
Our Current term (2) ends on April 24th, 2015. Students will receive their final grades for the current courses and will begin a third trimester which goes until the end of June 2015. More information will be up soon on the third term courses and information on how many credits students will be able to take in school and on their online Apex accounts.